Thursday Thirteen #146
Good Thursday to you and hello to fellow Thursday Thirteen visitors! I’m going to start out this post by letting you know that this blog is about writing and my attempts to get a writing career started. This blog is also a place to network and learn more about the great universe of writers out there. I hope you enjoy this list and find more content here that will keep you coming back. Thank you for visiting!
For this week’s list I want to give you thirteen sentences that I’m writing on the fly. These aren’t really meant as jump-start sentences but more of a free write session that only allows me to tell as much as possible in one sentence. How much can you get into a sentence without going overboard? Lets find out.
What can *you* do in one sentence? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments.
|Thirteen packed sentences by Aaron Crocco.
1. From the moment I saw her, I knew that her long legs and slinky black dress would spell trouble for my hotel room.
2. Looking out the window, I could see the sun rising and the extinction of my college career coming to an end.
3. His square chin and abundance of scars made it seem he was living up to his predetermined job of bouncer.
4. With each gurgle and pop coming from under the hood, I prayed our momentum would carry us close enough to the edge to permanently avoid getting caught.
5. I understood it all at once and yet could not accept what my mother was telling me.
6. I don’t know how or why but his handshake removed a distance I had felt with anyone the first time I met them.
7. That smile shot through my veins and told me my life was now complete.
8. I looked at the ring in my left hand and as I tried to catch my breath I wondered if the 9mm that was about to go through me really worth the gold I had just aquired.
9. When everyone around you dies, you would think you’re cursed also.
10. I saw the bridge collapsing while exploding missiles fell to my side informing me that it’s either time to run or time to time to fight.
11. What would you say if someone came to you with the very same question?
12. The fact that a seven-year-old out-smarted me was something I could never live down and I knew he had to pay.
13. Sometimes when you change everything, you can get away from your past for a short while but in my case changing means hurting the ones you love.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants