Kick Butt at Scrabble
Back on Friday afternoon, I was surfing the Internet and found some pretty cool information for all you Scrabble players out there. Now, I don’t play scrabble too often but I’m sure some of you guys out there do. The website found here seems pretty interesting I thought I would share it with all of you guys. I will agree with the author and say that I pretty much think it’s Scrabble also, but I might just get a little better after reading this article. These are 10 great words you could use to win almost any game of Scrabble.
I’m not a champion Scrabble player by any means – I often resort to words like “at” and “it” just to use up a turn. But with this list, hopefully I’ll be a little more creative when using tiny little words. And if all else fails, there’s always “ZQFMGB”… a worm found in New Guinea, according to Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes.
1. Aa. And I don’t mean the acronym for Alcoholics Anonymous, either. Aa is “basaltic lava having a rough surface.”
2. Qat – a flowering plant native to East Africa and the Arabian peninsula.
3. Zax – a slater or slate mason, or the tool used to cut and punch nail holes in roofing slate.
4. Cwm – a valley, especially one created by glacial movement. Be warned: this one won’t get you many points, but it is good for using up pesky, low-score consonants taking up valuable space on your rack.
5. Xu – Vietnamese money
6. Qua – as or as being, or in the character of.
7. Suq – a market, or part of a market, in an Arab city.
8. Adz – an axe-like tool.
9. Jo – sweetheart or dear
10. Qadi – a judge in the Muslim community.