The 2009 Rundown
It seems that everyone’s blog are talking about their to do lists for 2009 and honestly it’s something I’ve wanted to do as well. 2008 was an interesting year for me, but one where I jump-started many things writing-related. I have an entire retrospective I plan to post in two days and I’ll go into where I’ve been over in that post. Look for that on the 4th.
For 2009, there are a lot of things I want to do using the things I learned in this past year. Here’s the rundown of my writing goals for 2009:
1. I want to finish Spirit Hackers. This seems like an obvious goal but when I say finish it, I mean completely written and either fully edited or be far into the editing process.
2. Try my hand at Flash Fiction. I only learned about this style of writing a couple of months ago and think it’s something that would easily fit into my schedule.
3. Keep on blogging. I want Copious Notes to remain consistent and updated. I’m grateful for the work and effort I’ve put into this place so far but I want to keep going. Blogging, I feel, is important to me.
4. Decide what to do with my Robert Book. This book has a completed beta feedback waiting for me to read and still doesn’t have a title. I need to either turn it into something or decide it was just a ‘trial run’ for writing a book and put it away for good.
5. Explore other writing options once my commitment to Suite101 is complete. I like the freelancing so far and I want to see how far I can take it.
This is nowhere near a complete list, but these are the main things I want to try to accomplish in the next 363 days. As long as I’m writing in some capacity, I will consider it a good thing.
What about all of you? What are your goals for this new year?